Monday, January 10, 2011

summing it up...

Ok, has it really been a month since I posted an entry?! Time has gone way too fast. It seemed like a few days ago that I was in my Saginaw apartment dreaming about Christmas goodness, being home with a belly, showers, and Tennessee days. I've just got a day or two left before I head back to MI. So much has happened in the past month that I won't bore you. Instead, I will work on my summary skills...


1) Cabin Christmas 2010: Every year the family on my mom's side gets together to celebrate Christmas the weekend before. With everyone present we are 18 adults and 5 kids strong, not counting my little bambino. We rent a huge cabin that literally sits on top of a mountain in the Smokies. I might venture to say it is my favorite time of year, and can safely say it is in the top 3. We have a distinct menu for every meal, every day, that consists of all our family traditions. Being with that family is a breath of fresh air for me and a reminder of how blessed I am to have the one I do. ok, seriously I could go on and on....but I will stop.


2) Pitt family Christmas in Atlanta: We were with John's dad and stepmom this year in Atlanta. Thankfully, John was able to fly in for the 24-26 and we were together on Christmas day! Atlanta Christmas is always full of fun times and yummy food--this year was no different. I think I gained a few pounds on Christmas eve alone because I couldn't stop eating the cookies. Jackson, Annie's son, is now 3 and was fully engaged the Christmas-ness of it all, which was so fun to watch. And how could I almost forget to mention that we got a WHITE Christmas in ATLANTA?! There is nothing like a white Christmas in the south. I can only remember a few--but there is something indescribably magical about it. To top off the festivities, the family loaded up and went to see cirque de soleil! It was so fun!! (pictures got erased... :(...)

3) New Year's Eve with our families! John and I both feel we have pretty wonderful families that never get to see how wonderful the other one is, so we planned a new year's eve get-together at my mom's house. SO fun to have everyone together. Delicious food, and lots of funny table conversations. Unfortunately, though, after dinner, Annie cut her finger on a knife!! Gail & Susan E. had to take her to the Emergency Room to get stitches :(.

4) Pitt family Christmas in Nashville: At Gail's house on New Year's day. Homemade cinnamon rolls, queso & chips, cheese grits, and lil' smokies are just some of the "regulars" on the Pitt Christmas menu. After just a few years of sharing in this tradition, I look forward to it every year. The rest of the time, we just lounged, played games, and talked. very sweet time...

5) Hard drive crash and erasal: not much to say, except 1) no fun. 2) lesson learned. 3) back your stuff up.

6) Hard drive crash #2:

1. Briana panics.
2. Briana makes an appointment at the Apple Store.
3. Forlorn, Briana arrives at her appointment and smugly tells the associate what is wrong.
4. Said associate looks at Briana and explains that she has a bad hard drive, and it needs to be replaced. Briana is discouraged.
5. Associate brings receipt for Briana to sign agreeing to pay $171 for the new hard drive.
6. Briana signs receipt.
7. Associate starts to take the papers, then stops, turns to Briana and says, "I don't normally do this, but I'm going to give you a get-out-of-jail free card and re-work this paperwork so you don't have to pay anything. I know this is stressful.
8. Briana is in shock. Her eyes fill with tears. She thanks the associate for being the kindest person she knows at that moment.
9. Briana cries some more.
10. Briana leaves, praising God for this sweet unexpected gift.

7) Baby showers: We have been so blessed by our friends and family this holiday season with baby showers. Friends have gone all out to celebrate this baby boy and I've tried to save tokens from each one so that he can have some idea of how loved he was even before he left the womb! I have been truly blown away by the generosity of those hosting and those that came. It was and is very humbling. Now I am about to return to saggy-town with some beautiful and wonderful things for our nursery!! I can't wait to set it up!

8) It's 5:38 a.m. I've been awake since 4:30 and couldn't fall back asleep, so I decided it was blogging time. Hope you've enjoyed the "not-so-short" summaries. T-minus one day (or two depending on this snow) till I return to my loving husband, my moozy cat, and the final stretch of this pregnancy gift. Ahhhhh!

3 comments:

  1. Re: Apple employee - people can't resist a pregnant woman;) They go out of their way to do all kinds of nice things. Give me a call when you get back into town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading these updates, Bri! Makes me want to attempt an update on our blog as well. :-) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri, what a gift you're giving yourself to "journal" your life in this way. May this never "crash" and you lose it!

    I got to enjoy some of this with you and can vouch for your feelings of greatness. I, too, am enjoying our "Cabin Time" more and more. Traditions are safe and comfy and give room to
    enjoy each other. I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete